Personal Data Protection Notice
Last updated:21st October 2020
At Ohm Energy Pte. Ltd. (“Ohm”), we respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data and we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data.
Our Privacy Notice covers
● How We Collect Your Personal Data
● Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
● How We Use Your Personal Data
● Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To
● How We Manage the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
● How You Can Access and Make Correction to Your Personal Data
● How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
● How We Protect Your Personal Data
● How We Retain Your Personal Data
● How We Transfer Your Personal Data
● How We Handle Queries and Complaints
In doing so, our Personal Data Protection Notice has set out the choices that you can make about Ohm’s use of your personal information and how you can make informed decisions about what personal data you would like to share with us.
Ohm may, in our sole discretion, permit users of our website and social media platforms (“the Platforms”) to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content, which may include but is not limited to photos, write-ups, videos or links (“User Content”), on our Platforms.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
● When you subscribe for an account with us for our products and services
● When you contact us at our call centre
● When you request that we contact you
● When you perform an online transaction on our website
● When you respond or subscribe to our mailing list, surveys, events or campaigns
● When you provide feedback to us on our quality of service or your user experience
● When you visit our websites or social media platforms and leave behind your contact information
● When you communicate with us online, via email or written correspondence including for job application purposes
Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we collect about you may include:
● Your personal and contact information (such as name, date of birth, premises address, email address and mobile phone number) and employment related information in your resume for job application purposes
● Your user account information (account number, billing items, consumption usage of our services)
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we have collected about you for one or more of the following purposes:
● Customer care and user account management
● Marketing, promotions and customer relationship management
● Respond to enquiries, update requests and feedback on user experience
● Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
● Comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements
Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To
We disclose some of the personal data we have collected about you to the following parties or organisations outside Ohm:
● Government Agencies & Regulatory Authorities such as Energy Market Authority
● Providers of Professional Services such as Auditors, Lawyers, Consultants
● Data Processing and Hosting Companies such as IT Service Providers, Webhosting Companies and Cloud Service Providers
● Service Providers that we have engaged to perform our services such as SP Group
We will use our best endeavours to ensure that your personal data is protected by such third parties.
How We Manage the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
● Obtaining Consent
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose. We next obtain a confirmation from you on your expressed consent. As far as possible, we will not collect more personal data than necessary for the stated purposes within this notice.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume deemed consent from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data for the stated purpose, e.g. when you apply for an account with us.● Third-Party Consent
If you have a one-on-one meeting with us or do a transaction with us on behalf of another individual, you must first obtain consent from that individual in order for us to collect, use or disclose their personal data. Where consent can be obtained, that individual must be notified of the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data.● Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent, you should give us reasonable advance notice. You have to be aware, though, of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g. without your personal contact information, we may not be able to inform you of future services offered by us or our clients.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email or letter to us, or through the “UNSUBCRIBE” feature on an online service.
How You Can Access and Make Correction to Your Personal Data
You may write in to us to find out what personal data about you we have in our possession or under our control and how it may have been used and/or disclosed by us in the past one year. You may also ask us to correct it if there is any error or omission. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity.
We will endeavor to fulfill your request within 30 days, with an estimate of the fee for processing the request (if applicable). If we are not able to do so within 30 days, we will notify you of the additional time required.
How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and verification checks to ensure that the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We will take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is in our possession to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure, or similar risks. We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
External Data Intermediaries who process and maintain your personal data on our behalf will be bound by contractual information security arrangements we have with them.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
We will not retain any of your personal data under our charge when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes. Based on our Document Retention Policy, we will ensure that your personal data that are no longer needed by us will be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner.
How We Transfer Your Personal Data
If there is a need for us to transfer your personal data to another organization outside of Singapore, we will ensure that the standard of data protection in the recipient country is comparable to that of Singapore’s PDPA. If this is not so, we will enter into a contractual agreement with the receiving party to accord similar levels of data protection as that in Singapore.
Compliance with Laws
Where required to do so by law, we will disclose personal data about you to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. It is important that you review the Privacy Notice of every site you visit. We have no control over, and are unable to assume any responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Changes to this Data Protection Notice
We may update our Data Protection Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the notice on this page. Please revisit this page periodically for any changes. Changes to this Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about our collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal data about you; feedback regarding this Notice, or any complaint you have relating to how we collect, use, disclose and store personal data about you, you may contact our Data Protection Officer(s) at email@example.com.
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
● Your full name and contact information
● A brief description of your query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.